It can be hard to contribute positively to your community and the world when you’re studying or working full time. However, giving time and money to good causes isn’t the only way to make the world a better place. Here’s some ideas for easy ways to make the world a better place:
1. Donate blood – each blood donation can save up to three lives! It’s quick and easy to do, and as a bonus you get a drink and some snacks afterwards.
2. Sign up to become an organ donor and let your friends and family know about your decision.
3. Provide food to people in need – you can donate to your local foodbank, or you can provide a meal for as little as 35p from your smartphone with the app Share The Meal!
4. Have a clearout and donate unwanted items to charity – it feels so good to get rid of clutter, and charities will be grateful for donations. Brand new or gently used makeup and skincare items can be donated to Give and Makeup, a charity which distributes items to women’s shelters. Old blankets and sheets can be donated to animal shelters.
5. Do your part for the environment by recycling and switching more eco-friendly alternatives to products you use every day. My favourite easy switches are bamboo toothbrushes and reuseable cotton pads!
6. Use your every day purchases to support good causes. Use Amazon Smile allows you to buy all the same products as regular Amazon, but a portion of your spend is donated to charities. There’s loads of browser extensions which track your spending and donate a portion to charity!
While this list is far from exhaustive, these are just some of the easy ways you can make the world a better place.
Until next time,